
Yesterday the family (yes all 5 of us Ortega's) went to Pei Wei (Greg's request) to celebrate Greg's admission into Long Beach! Yeah brother! It is his number one choice so now the decision is live on campus or commute? Hmmmmm.... well its his decision, lets get to me! At Pei Wei they have a bin of fortune cookies and instead of having the staff give you a fortune cookie you get to do it yourself. I'm interested in the enjoyment of the random says, "Tomorrow your day will be brighter", "Success is only a question away", stuff like that. Lets just say my fortunes were... eye opening.
The first cookie I cracked open read "Children's laughter, so beautiful to hear, soon will be a chance to have them very near." WTF!?!? I read it again making sure it said what it said and yes folks I was shocked. Mom took it from me and she was shocked then started laughing. Dad took it from her and said "Why is this shocking? She's going to be a teacher, right? Children's laughter near?" Oh Ok. Good. I'm not pregnant. ;-)
Later I reached for a second cookie as a joke to see how ridiculous this one was. It read "Someone with blue eyes admires you" How funny! The first person that came to mind was, you got it, Jason. Mom calls him blue eyes cause one time his eyes were blue, granted he was wearing a blue shirt, but they are mostly green. They do change though...
So that was my Pei Wei experince. It made my night. Good times. Good times.

1 comment:
That's too funny!
Post a Comment