What a great weekend! Its past my bedtime and I need to pack but instead O decide to blog cause its ADDICTING! Saturday was Fish Fest. I picked up Holly and we met Ashely and her mom there. It was hot! But luckily I didn't turn pink cause I wore sunscreen, unlike some crazy people who were lobsters all day.
We scoped out the vendors then headed to the main stage to hear Aaron Schust. Great kid! (Actually I don't know how old he is but I call everyone kid.) Then ran to the Edge Stage to hear NEEDTOBREATHE. They had a great stage performance. Cute kids, especially the lead singer, who sang Shine On. It was like that the whole day, running from one stage to another.
It was so stinking hot I decided to drive to 7-11 and buy water bottles, all in 15 minutes! We didn't miss a thing! When the sun started to set that's when all the fun began. We decided to listen to this band, Red, who are screamo, and I am not a fan of screamo music, but listening to them I thought of Jesse and how he may like this band. So later on in the evening, when the lead singer and the guitarist are standing in back of the crowd, I decide to buy the CD and rush over to have them sign it. I jet to the merch table, it took 5 minutes, which seemed like 20, for me to buy the CD and the whole time I'm on my tiptoes keeping an eye on the band members. I rush to where I last saw them, by this time Holly and Ashley are in on the chase, and they are gone. So for 10 minutes the 3 of us are searching the grounds for any of the band members. Luckily I got 3, out of the 5, to sign it . I missed the drummer and lead singer! We walk back to our seats, feeling a little defeated, but then perk up when we see MercyMe on stage.
You know what I love about concerts, you are encouraged, by the artist/band to act and be crazy. Jumping up and down, dancing, shouting and raising your hands to praise God are all encouraged. When was the last time you did that in church?! I am an animated person but when I'm in big church I feel like an outcast if I raise my hands or clap randomly during a song. I don't want that feeling! I'm worshipping God so what should I care what others around me think. They may even join in!
Sunday evening we celebrated Ashley's birthday. So much fun! I was so tired that I was goofy. I love when that happens! I don't mind people laughing at me, thinking I'm crazy, cause I am! Our waiter was hilarious! Brian says I almost made him cry but I think he was tougher than he looked. He almost back handed Brent for me so that made me like him even more.
Now I must pack and will receive minimal sleep because I decided to hang out late and blog. So excited for this week. I get to see my Aaron! White water rafting, cliff jumping, camping, hiking...I cannot wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Learn the carriage return. It occurs when you hit enter to put line breaks between paragraphs. It's too hard to read your sporadic words when it's all jumbled together.
Have fun on your trip.
Post a Comment