Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Birthday!

Today is my birthday! Yes the 26th of December. when most, well all people hear that my birthday falls the day after Christmas they get a sad look on their face and say "that sucks! You must be jipped on your gifts. People give you one gift for both days!" "No....", I reply, "I get one gift for Christmas and one gift for my birthday." Granted a few girlfriends have wrapped my birthday gift in Christmas wrap (just don't tell mom). I don't mind my birthday, granted I had no control over that. I let people know that they are two separate days, one is Jesus' day and the next is my day.
So this morning I was expecting to wake at 6am from my dad shaking me in bed yelling "Happy Birthday!" but that didn't happen. Instead I woke on my own at 7:30 and received a text from Monica saying happy birthday. At 8:15 Jason called me and said Happy Birthday then sang happy birthday! How cute is he! He had a urge to call me at midnight, which I would not have mind cause me phone was off. We went to breakfast as a family, a new tradition we started last year, and at the end of the meal Candice says "this will be the last year we go out to breakfast as a family cause Cassandra will be married next year." WHAT!? This was news to me! Then she says "You'll be pregnant" and Greg chimes in "with twins"! Where are my siblings getting their information from? Why does everyone think we'll be married by next year and not just one person (Heather!) but my Aunt said that we'd be married in the summer! Um, I didn't get an engagement ring for Christmas peeps so....calm down. Maybe next year....

1 comment:

Heather McTaggart said...

HA HA HA HA! I am laughing SO hard! You are SO funny! Yes at first I thought that would be the case BUT listening to you talk about your growing relationship and how you are journeying those waters together...I say 2009! LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH! Happy HAPPY HAPPPPPPPY Birthday my friend! I am SO happy for you, for ALL that 2007 taught you! You are amazing and have deserved this journey for a LONG time...but remember what we say GOD'S TIME!