Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Creativity

I have a friend, who a year ago, wrote a poem about me. Now keep in mind he wasn't a boyfriend or a guy I was dating but a friend who liked me. At first I was shocked and a bit scared. I thought he was crazy to do something like that. But a year later I realize he was expressing how he was feeling the best way he knew how. Now he didn't use names but friends who read the blog could tell it was about me. How I can't be caught and how he can't keep me cause I wasn't meant to be caught but to fly free. I also have a friend who gave me three carnations, pink, white and red, for my birthday explaining his different levels of love for me. Even though flowers die, I still have that memory.

Wow. That was sweet. That was creative.

I was talking to a friend one night and we got on the subject of dating and what guys think girls want. He said guys think girls want expensive things, jewelry, fancy meals, etc. and yeah some do but some of us love the creativity that goes into a gift. A burned CD with my favorite songs, songs we love and songs that remind him of me is a gift I will cherish forever. That shows the guy put a lot of thought into this project and listens to my music choices: "Brown-eyed girl", "PYT", "Unforgettable"...
Whatever happened to being creative? Flowers are nice but how do I know you didn't pick them up on discount before you came to my house? But if they are my favorite flowers, given to me on a sporadic day with a note attached, now that's different. Creativity people! Creativity! You deserve brownie points for trying and if the girl doesn't appreciate it then she doesn't deserve your heart.

1 comment:

Heather McTaggart said...

I wish there was an award for my favorite blog of the week....this one would win! Well said my friend!