Friday, August 17, 2007

Pride and Prejudice

is one of my favorite movies.
I love seeing Mr. Bingley and Jane stare at each other as the movie starts. They speak throughout the film but words sometimes are just that, words. A look can change everything. When she walks past him, his eyes follow her every move. It's cute when others in the room also notice your drifting eyes and comment on them (as Lizzy does. Or when that persons pupils magnify as soon as you speak to them.)
And their body language in the movie! Can't you tell! It is truly romantic. I have to confess I get girly and giggly watching the two. I enjoy seeing friends in love with their significant other. I enjoy couples, especially friends together. It makes me happy to see that they are happy. (Sometimes I try matchmaking and have had one success.)

Its amazing how, when two people like each other, the goofiness, messed up speech, awkward moments, sudden butterflies and the breath that gets caught in your chest arise. Then he confesses he loves her! Oh my! How will she react to this confession? Is it mutual? Then a proposal! They gradually get closer while bickering, then they look into each others eyes, then they look at each others lips...OH! The suspense of "Will they ever get together?!"

I love romantic movies.

The words spoken from Mr. Bingley are in circles. He is so taken with her beauty, he often makes ridiculous and confusing statements. But you can tell he likes her from his sheepish grin after every comment. Then there's Lizzy and Mr. Darcy. Its also captivating, the tension but likeness between them. The attitude Lizzy gives is comical and sarcastic. Hmmm... Sounds like someone...
I'm amazed at the rituals and customs that go on in those days. How you bow when you meet someone, the dance choreography is very structured but playful, how the men sit after the ladies are seated at a table and how a man stands each time a lady enters the room.

This movie captivates me each time I see it. And I love how Mr. Darcy walks. He commands attention, and walks with an assurance of himself. Then Mr. Bingley proposes! The excitement and joy that rises from each others face. I love when everything comes together in the end!

I love romantic movies.

This movie is filled with romance and love. Not sex but love. Don't get the two confused. Love needs to be felt and I don't mean sex. I mean a touch of the hand, a gentle kiss on the cheek, a stare from afar, foreheads touching, that's when you know its love.

No comments: