Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Clouds

(I wrote this while flying to New Mexico. It was so random I had to post it.)

One thing I like very, very much are clouds. Flying above the clouds, I feel like I am in another world. White below me, blue sky above. I also love seeing the shadows clouds make on the ground from the airplane. They are cotton balls suspended in the air. They are harmless. You can spend hours looking at them from the ground and various characters are seen. They come in many shapes and sizes. Some are thick like marshmallow creme. Others are thin like stretched out cotton balls. Why is this?

What holds them up?
How far above the ground are they?
Why are they white?
Are they over the ocean?
What are clouds made of?
How come you can fly through them, yet they don't harm the plane or leave any trace of themselves?

Peaceful. Serene. Clean. Holy.

No comments: