So I work at a church and I see many people walk across my path. Different backgrounds, races, nationalities, etc. They are all unique but have one thing in common, they are loved by God. He says there are no two people alike and that is amazing. But that's why God is God and I am not.
So here are a couple of random thoughts that came to me as I was working, and still am, this weekend...
Saturday evening
You know your doing a great job at work when people want to leave you a tip even though there is no tip jar. Or maybe its because of my electrifying personality (Ha!) or my fabulous smile, which I did get complimented on. Either way, it made me feel good to know people want to tip me for basically being me.
Sunday morning
I didn't realize what a smile or a "good morning" can do to someones facial expression. I see a grumpy (or assume cause of the look on his face) older man, walking by himself and hunched over. I flash a warm, welcoming smile and say 'good morning'. His whole face lights up. He says good morning and a smile develops, and that smile stays on his face as he walks into service. Then I wonder, 'is that how he always looks or did he have something on his mind? or did I just make his day by saying hello?'
Ever notice that the simplest gestures, simple in your mind, make a difference in another person's world? Whether it be opening a door, or leaving the extra $4 from your coffee purchase to the next people, or even picking something up from off the ground that they dropped instead of looking at it and thinking 'did they notice they dropped that?' Whose life have you made an impact on today?
A few minutes ago
All morning I have kids run to my food cart peering over the top to see the assortment of donuts I have to sell. This one kid in particular was SO cute. This little Hispanic boy, his dark brown hair contained gel and was parted to the side, is on his tiptoes trying to look at the donuts but can't see them. His dad says he wants a glazed so I reach for it then place it in front of him. His eyes light up as it comes closer to him and I smile at his expression. The little things make a difference. Especially if its a donut to a toddler.
A few minutes later I get a light tap on my butt. I turn around, look down and I see a blond haired toddler look at me, made sure he had my attention, and pointed to a white frosted donut. How cute was he! Somehow he escaped dads vision, walked past the line, jolted behind the food cart and picked out a donut! Unfortunately dad didn't think it was as cute and I am sad to say he did not receive his donut. But what an effort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A simple hello and smile can turn a day around. Good work. Keep up that attitude.
YOUR SMILE CAN LIGHT UP A DARK ROOM...and that hair...WOW! Oh, did I tell you that your hair looked "HOT" yesterday (only about 8 times)...ha ha! Really in all seriousness, you say so much with that smile, keep it up! Your SO GREAT!
Post a Comment